Sharing another crock pot recipe.. this time, we made enough for 3-4 days worth, and usually with meals like this where I want there to be days of left overs, I find saucy dishes. Dishes that are reviewed to taste better with time.. and this one did not disappoint! Found it on www.addapinch.com , it looked too good so we modified by almost doubling the recipe, adding onions to cook and marinate with the meat and also adding a splash (or two) of red wine. The entire family loved it! We had it over rice pilaf and with veggies the first night, made sandwiches the second night (which can be served with melted cheese and save that sauce for an au jus for dipping!) and then the third night we baked up some fries and put it on top with some cheese … almost like carne asada fries… but better! Wow this dish was a real winner in this household, thought I would share it here! 🙂 Let me know what you think!
- 1 (4-5 pound) boneless roast beef (chuck or round roast)
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 heaping (*meaning, make it overflow a bit) tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 heaping tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 heaping tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6-8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 oz red wine
- Place roast beef into the insert of your slow cooker. In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over roast beef and set the timer for your slow cooker. (4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low)
- Once roast beef has cooked, remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish. Break apart lightly with two forks and then ladle about ¼ – ½ cup of gravy over roast beef.
- Store remaining gravy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for another use.