I know I skipped a couple Tuesdays for these posts you love and long for. 😉 I have two recipes then today, both pair perfectly with each other and make for a light and tasty lunch! Keeping it light and simple today, just like the food here.
- Trader Joe’s Scallion Pancakes (1 pack contains 4)
- Trader Joe’s Cilantro & Chive Yogurt Dip
Directions: Lightly oil a frying pan. Once oil is hot, place one scallion pancake there for four minutes. Turn it over for another 4 minutes, set aside. Let cool. Place huge spoonful of yogurt dip alongside. Enjoy!
Fresh Beet Salad
This one I got from a good friend of mine. It can be tweaked in so many ways but it’s super simple. I usually put garbanzo beans in it but we didn’t have any in the pantry this time around.
Ingredients: (I got all of this at Trader Joe’s although you don’t need to get the ingredients from there for this dish to taste the same)
- 1-2 lemons
- Kalamata Olives
- One Cucumber
- Tomatoes (either one big tomato or the mini ones)
- One batch romaine lettuce – shred to small bite sized pieces
- Feta Cheese
- Sliced beets (or julienne, I slice them smaller regardless)
- Your favorite Italian dressing
- Salt and pepper
- 10. Garbanzo beans (optional.. but so yummy!)
Directions: Mix all of the above together in a bowl. Squeeze lemon on top. Add S&P to taste. Throw in as much Italian dressing as you want. Mix up. Enjoy fresh!
All content and images copyright TheSisterFiles©2015 and cannot be used without expressed permission.
Photos by: Jeffery Cruz